Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well needed update

It has been over a year since I have updated this blog. So many things have happened and are happening. In April 2010, Brandon and I suffered a third miscarriage. We were, again, devastated and broken. Along with this heartbreak, came another less than one week later and that was the passing of Brandon's sweet, sweet Gran. Needless to say, the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010 were very difficult. With that said, God continues to be a wonderful God. He has been with us through the tears and has showered his blessings upon us.


In July, my Dr.'s finally found the reason behind the miscarriages. It took 3 months of prayer, medical testing and seeing two different Dr.'s to find the problem. The way Brandon and I see it; God's hand guided the medical community in finding a genetic disorder that causes folic acid deficiency. This disorder was not only the main cause behind the miscarriages, but also the reason behind several other medical issues in my life, like migraines. With simple medical treatment (folic acid supplements), this problem has been solved! I have not had a migraine since the boost in folic acid and the biggest news...Brandon and I are expecting a very healthy baby girl! Lyla Mae is due May 25, 2011. We have been blessed beyond measure. Lyla is very healthy and is growing leaps and bounds. We continue to pray for God's guidance, so Brandon and I can be the best parents we can be and for the protection and health of our little one.

With all of this news, I'm sure that your thinking I have nothing else to add, but I do! My beautiful sister is also pregnant and her baby boy is due May 24, 2011. Yes! You are reading this correctly, she is due 1 day before me. We feel so blessed to be pregnant and going through this at the same time. My mom felt a little stressed at first, but is now just taking it one month at a time and trusting God's timing.

With all of this excitement and knowing what I would need to do to have a healthy pregnancy, Brandon and I decided that it would be best if I handed in my resignation. So, the last week of July, I resigned from my Special Education Coordinator position. This has been, at times, a very stressful decision, but one of the best we have made. I no longer have to worry about trying to fit three doctors (yes, now I see three) into an already hectic work schedule with a 1hr to 1 1/2 hr commute. I'm also able to take care of myself, spend more time with Brandon and I'm able to see my family more often.

For all those who have been praying for us, we thank you. God has heard your prayers. Brandon and I ask that you continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy, our baby girl and for financial guidance with our, now, one income.



Thank you again for your continued prayers and encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. An update! I guess it is my turn to update now! Maybe in the near future.... I am praying for you, Brandon and Lyla daily. So excited to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete